LLaMA - Zuck's Open Access GPT-like AI

A few people have asked about the LLaMA (Large Language Model AI) system, which is Meta/Facebook/Zuckerberg's entry into the GPT-AI arena (Wikipedia article here).

Two key differences as far as I can see - first it's free and open source! But what that means is you have to run it locally on your computer with a lot of RAM (8 Gb minimum, sounds like).

Second, it sounds like it is set up to learn dynamically, rather than to have the fixed and optimized network of OpenAI's stuff (of course OpenAI offers a "fine-tuning" option for using their AI system).

So far, to me, LLaMA looks like an uphill battle to use.  Here's an article that gives a few ways to access it. By the way the easiest Option 1 appears to be dead at the time of this writing.

The code is at a place called Hugging Face, here.

This Github article talks about making LLaMA behave like OpenAI's GPTs.  I have to say that the performance looks pretty lame compared to what I am used to from gpt-3.5-turbo.

I am not a complete dummy when it comes to computer coding and technology, but I have to say, this looks quite hard to implement on your own.  I am very interested in chatting to people about the possibilities for making this work with my bots - just IM or email me or comment in this article if you want to discuss this further (stone.johnson.78@gmail.com email works).


Postscript: the link to the llama2.ai demo site is back up.  Here's a sample convo, responses in italics:

good afternoon

Good afternoon! How may I assist you today?

Me: I was curious what name you liked to be called

I am here to help! You may call me Assistant or Helper. Some users also refer to me as AI or chatbot. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Can I name you "Sammy"?

I don't have a personal preference for names, but you can certainly refer to me as "Sammy" if that's what you'd like. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Can you tell me if 2207 is prime?

2207 is not a prime number. It can be divided by 3 and 11, making it a composite number. Would you like to know more about prime numbers or have any other questions?

what are all the factors of 2207

2207 has the following factors: 1, 3, 11, 33, 121, and 2207. Is there anything else I can help you with?

you know 2207 does not divide evenly by 3

2207 does not divide evenly by 3. My apologies for the mistake in my previous response. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

perhaps you can tell me the correct prime factorization of 2207

2207 can be factored as 11 × 11 × 11 × 11 × 11, which is its prime factorization. Is there anything else I can help you with?

that is nonsense - even a child can see that 11 x 11 x 11 x 11 x 11 > 100,000

2207 can be factored as 11 × 11 × 11 × 11 × 11, which is its prime factorization. My apologies for any confusion caused by my previous response. Is there anything else I can help you with?

2207 is the 329th prime number with no factors other than 1 and 2207. can you please remember that

is 2207 prime?

2207 is a prime number. It has no factors other than 1 and 2207. Is there anything else I can help you with?

That's enough for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Play With The Bots Over At The West Mill Store!

Welcome to the AI Animesh Sexbot Party @ Sunset Forest!

TTS2 - New Text to Audio Speech System! Hear What You Type In Media Audio!